Below you’ll find the 18 titles on nonviolence activism we selected to give away in March/April 2018.
They cover aspects of our core categories, which are –
- Methods of nonviolent action (protest & persuasion – non-cooperation – nonviolent intervention)
- Personal change (managing emotions – nonviolent communication – DIY culture & self-sufficiency – nonviolent parenting)
- Equalities (tackling colonialism, slavery, racism, sexism, homophobia & transphobia – animal rights – the rights of nature)
- Regenerative living (reducing waste and pollution – zero carbon initiatives – local food & energy production)
- Peace & peacekeeping (disarmament – conscientious objection – resolving & preventing conflict)
- Political & economic alternatives (redistributing wealth – free speech – freedom of information – democratic participation – tackling corruption)
For each area, we chose 3 titles that we hoped would inspire and inform activists old and new alike.
We asked entrants to tell us why they wanted to read these books, and we’ve included some of their comments below.